Sunday, December 28, 2008

Found Love

Living in a multi-racial country like Malaysia, we eaten various types of cuisine.
For example curry. There's Chinese curry, Malay curry, Indian curry and many more.
My favourite is of course Japanese curry.

Japanese curry has many different levels of spiciness. The least spicy one taste sweet for some people but not many people in Malaysia that likes Japanese curry.
The reason is because all Malaysian are used to very hot curry. Ever since my first taste of Japanese curry in Japan I've been tasting every Japanese curry in Malaysia's Japanese restaurants. There are tasty ones but they still can't match the taste from Japan. However I finally found the one that could match the real deal.

Tonight I've tasted it at Kampachi,勘八 in Pavilion. It's the first time I've tasted this taste for such a long time. Not only the taste is good, the restaurant present the dish like the real deal. They gave me a cup of ice water and a spoon.
If you eat Japanese curry in Japan, you will be given a cup of ice water and a spoon.
The ice water is for when you can't handle the hotness. They only give a spoon cause they don't use fork. All restaurants here do not provide an extra cup of ice water.

When I told my friend about it, she thought I was talking about my own cooking as I know how to make Japanese curry. My sister ask me to make it like Kampachi,勘八 did.
I told her I'm not a chef. So there's no way I can do it. I really fell in love with the curry rice there. Gotta get more of it.

No comments: