Friday, December 19, 2008

Japanese Speech Contest






After JLPT there was 2 weeks left before my graduation. Everyone in my class were wondering what kind of lesson will we have since all of our exams are over.
At first I thought it was going to be like after PMR. Boy, was I wrong.
Being the Japanese they are, the thought of many things for us to do.
In other words, Study hard to the last minute. So we did listening and reading exercises. Because exams are over, there's just no reason to do them.
However, they had something planned for us. They made us write speeches.
It turned out that we were going to have a speech contest among us.
The contest was held today.

It was seperated into 2 parts. I was the last contestant and also the MC for the first part. Being the MC was an easy task as I only have to introduce the contestants but I had to do it in Japanese. After that I had to worry about my speech performance. When it was my turn I had a stomach ache. I did my speech without going to the toilet. After all the speeches had been heard the students have to vote for the 3 person they thought was best. The results were surprising as I won both the Student's vote and the 1st place. I didn't thought I would win cause all I did was memorise my speech a few times. Anyway, it's one of my happiest moment.
It's true cause I nv won 1st prize in any speech contest I've ever participated.
Thanks guys for voting for me. Although I never vote for myself. Haha.

No comments: