Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Facial expression

Have you ever sit alone in a cafe, drinking hot drink, waiting for your friends to come ? If you have I can bet it was boring isn't it ? However have you tried looking at the facial expressions of people walking around in front of the cafe ?
You'll notice there's all kinds of facial expression for your viewing pleasure.

As for me, I've always had a thing in examining people's facial expression.
There's one particular expression that caught my attention most.
It's the expression of trying to hide all your sadness under a fake smile.
Don't be mistaken by my term fake smile. The smile is very indeed sweet but there's nothing happy emiting from that smile. That's why I called it fake smile.

I wonder what's more harder to feel ? The feeling of sadness pouring out from every hole in your body or the feeling of suppressing all your sadness with a smile ?
I really admire people who have the courage to throw away their sadness and just pretend nothing happened. If it was for me I couldn't do it. When I come upon people like that I always got this sudden impulse to tell them it's ok to feel sad. You don't have to pretend. I can't help but feel sorry for them. I'm not sympathying them. It's just somehow I could relate to that feeling of being sad and alone.

Whenever you're sad or anything bad happened to you don't force yourself to smile.
There's no point putting up an empty smile. You gotta act to your own comfort and not for others to see. Light is at where your friends are.

No comments: