Friday, June 27, 2008

Past and Future ?

My mum used to tell me back when I was a kid.
When I was born, my parents went to a priest to ask him to read my life.
He said my life is determined by how my dad would raise me.
Duh! Everyone knows that. The priest said "If you raise him well he will be a dragon but if you dun raise him well he will be a worm." That's in chinese of course.
And because of that phrase my dad dedicated his life in being strict with me.
During the course of growing up, I was guarded very strictly.
All this you could ask my friends about it. I'm not lying. Haha.
Over the recent years I came into contact with Japanese. The language I meant.
Now I'm in a japanese language school and i've thought of a japanese name for myself.
My japanese name is Asuka. Asuka's chinese characters literaly means flying bird.
Why would I call myself a flying bird ? It's related to my story above.
Flying bird. A bird flying in the vast blue sky. So free and relaxing.
That's what I wanna do now. Just being able to lie on a grass plain and stare at a starry night sky. How much I yearn for much freedom.
However, after many years of 'training', I' used to all those.
It's my life after all. Maybe I'm sort of a dragon now. Haha. A small one.

No comments: