Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Best Policy

Since we were young, our parents would always plant ideas that telling the truth is very important no matter where you are or who you are. We used to beleive those stories like "The boy who cried wolf" that telling lies is not good and might cause your front teeth to fall. Those were the teachings of our forefathers.

As we grew up, we understand that sometime a white lie wouldn't hurt anyone and might be helpful in our daily lifes. We began to act according to situations.
Some situations may forced us to lie in order to survive. Some people have even become accustom to lies that it became a part of our lives.

Not only do we hide the truth in a factful way, we hid our deepest feelings. How long has it been since you told your mum, I love you or have you told your partner in life that everyday with you is the best. Have you expressed anything to anyone that you have always wanted to ? I guessed not. Some time it's really not that hard to be honest with your own feelings.

Where am I going with this ? I just feel that people nowadays are all just not honest with themselves. Whether if it's a high school graduate whose lost in what's their next chapter or a girl having a crush on a boy or a man struggling in his job searching for an exit out of his misery. Some people just wait for their surroundings to decide for them while they keep their own decision in their minds.

I haven't been honest myself. I can't even show my care for a fellow friend who just got a new job. I wanted to congratulate her and ask about her job but instead I didn't ask a single thing. I felt useless. Why couldn't I just ask ? I really dunno why. Is it really so hard for us to be honest ?

No comments: