Saturday, September 10, 2011

Leaving the nest

From young, I've heard of the phrase "survival of the fittest". Anyone who can adapt in any situations given would be survival. I'm about to embark on my study trip to UK and I have been thinking. There are people who get homesick while others adapt and live happily in a new surroundings. I have always been told by my parents that I could adapt anywhere I go and I would not be problem. That sounded great when I was young but as time goes by it seems to be a burden more than a gift.

Back when I was 19, I was aspiring to study in Japan and start a new life there but was stopped by my parents and having to stay here as they dun want to separate with me. It sounded ridiculous back then and it still hurts till now. A great opportunity wasted but maybe it wasn't in my fate to have that chance. I still regret over this but there was nothing I could do about it.

Now, my uni allows me to study in UK but for a short duration of 4 months. My parents agreed to it cause I have to return to finish my degree. Some how in my view they are still a little selfish. Was it my natural ability to adapt and never return the main reason they wanna waste my chances to success ? I guess I just have to be a good boy. I can't hate them but I do have regrets. Nevertheless.

I always thought that I would be strong away from my family in a foreign land and never get homesick. I'm still very convinced I can do that but now I do feel a little heavy footed to leave. I know I will be back soon but still I can't help to miss my friends, members and my Celica. It just feel different when it is really happening. I will think of everything back here when I'm at UK. Maybe it is because of all the memories and bonds that I have made. Finally, I have something to look forward to see when I come back.

No comments: